Friday 19 October 2012

A large splash of orange


If you have been reading my blog for a little while, you will know that when I have learnt a new technique I usually follow it up by repeating the exercise again - remember my shirts, bras, twin sets lol.  But as the saying goes, practice makes perfect and by sewing another pair of jeans as quickly as possible it allows me to make a few minor changes to help improve the fit and refresh my memory on how best to put these together.  In the case of my jeans it may be third time lucky for the 100% perfect pair.

My first pair went together well, but after a little wear they feel a little too big.  I made a few minor adjustments to this new pair to correct the size, and although I haven't worn them yet, they are a fraction too tight, but better than the ones that are too big...........  This of course is due to the difference in fabrics, these orange pair being a cotton drill.

I used the same embroidery design for the back pocket (sadly the photo doesn't do the embroidery justice), this may become my signature embroidery for all jeans (we will see).  I added some extra rivets to the coin pocket on this pair too.  One minor change for these was the use of a twin needle, the first pair I sewed each row of top-stitching separately, other than that everything else was done the same.

Still hopefully my diet will kick in and these will fit perfectly in a couple of weeks, in the meantime I have some more denim that can be used and earmarked for my future jeans sewing project.



This week we have been on vacation, and spent a couple of days in Devon.  I will leave you with a couple of photographs of the view from our friends house.

Catch you later.







9 comments:

  1. Your new jeans come in my favourite shade of orange! It is a pity we cannot see the embroidery too well but you make it up to us by showing those Devon view, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your orange jeans! Wear them now, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you've made TWO pair of jeans in less than a week! Great job on both of them :) I love the Jalie pattern, and last year's jeans have been screaming to be replaced for months now. I'm inspired by the fact that you've done 2 already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I love the bright jean trend at the moment and yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job, Pauline! Those orange jeans look as though they came right out of the Escada flagship store. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jeans - they are happy jeans and you'll feel great wearing them too. I like your personalised embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, those jeans are HOT!! You look utterly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely spot to vacation! Just idyllic! Your jeans look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your new jeans! I keep pulling this pattern out and putting it away. I really want to make it, so thanks for the inspiration. I also love that you chose such a bold color.

    ReplyDelete