Monday 9 September 2013

Sorry






I just wanted to post a quick message to anyone who may have stopped by to see if there have been any new posts lately.

Things have been a little hectic on the home and work front, and such is life, sewing, blogging and even looking at my favorite sewing, blogging sites have had to take a bit of a back seat.

Having dashed around like mad to accommodate the purchaser for my house, a week ago Saturday they decided not to proceed with the purchase, giving me one of the most stressful weekends I have experienced in a long while.

Luckily I had a sort of reserve buyer lurking in the background, but their offer was quite a bit lower than the previous offer, so wanted to see if I could get closer to the Estate Agent's valuation.  I have now decided, due to the stress of selling and buying the new house, to take the lower offer, and I am waiting with baited breath for their surveyor to come round on Friday and hopefully give the thumbs up for the purchase.

So this is just a little apology to my readers who were hoping for a review on a new pattern etc, and hopefully I will be in a better frame of mind to start blogging without such long gaps.

I hope you are all sewing up a storm, and will catch you as soon as I can.



10 comments:

  1. Eek. I'm so sorry about your house. That really must be so stressful. Hopefully it's all sorted ASAP and you can get back to the things you love doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that buyer #1 backed out. Glad you had someone in the background who is willing to put an offer on it. Let's hope it goes forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was an active Realtor I often heard that the stress of selling a house came in at #3 after a death or divorce, so I completely understand your situation. The good news is, your house is attractive to buyers and you will soon have a completed deal in your pocket and can move on with your life without that burden. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will all work out...in the meantime, we readers will wait patiently for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pauline, sorry to hear this. Hope things settle down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sorry your first buyer didn't work out so I hope something can be worked out with the other. In the meantime, as Mary says, we will wait patiently and wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selling a home and moving to a new one is extremely stressful. I don't know how some people do it every year and manage to keep their sanity. We'll be here for you when you get your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry the sale is proving to be so stressful. Selling a home can be a chaotic time, even at the best. Wishing you a smoother ride with buyer number two... (virtual hug)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful it is to sell a house. I hope everything proceeds successfully from now on, all extremities crossed,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good decision. Keep that stress level low. You are much too pretty to get the worry lines. I will be happy when all the bad stuff sifts away and you only have the lovely thoughts for the new home and your new life.

    ReplyDelete