Sunday 25 August 2013

A reminder from the past and crashing trees

My daughter sent me this link via facebook and it did make me laugh because I actually had the exact same tin that I used to keep sewing equipment in when the kids were younger - have no idea where she found this.


We have had the most torrential rain the past few days, enough to bring this old damson tree, that was covered in ivy crashing down.  The picture below is after I spent 3 hours sawing off branches and I guess I still have another 3 hours work there today.  Thankfully the rain stopped about an hour ago - it kept me awake most of the night and our local area has been flooded in ways we have never experienced before.


I have been on vacation since Thursday, and have been sewing and have a few things I'll post about later.  Until then over and out..............................

5 comments:

  1. Mother Nature can certainly be fierce. I am glad your lovely greenhouse appears to have survived such a close call. I envy your little greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tin brings up lots of childhood memories for me. There was always one with cookies to eat in my Dad's office when i visited and they were often at home for Mom's card games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You have had one fierce storm. We, on the other hand, got 20 drops yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dansk tin pic. I've used it for sewing things as well! After eating the cookies, which are among my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the storm damage, and I hope that the greenhouse is okay. That tin !!! I have one! That photo and caption are so funny. I am going to send it to my daughter; thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete