Tuesday 23 October 2012

McCalls 5252 - Black & Purple

This is version No.2 of the McCalls 5252 with Mike's favorite colour purple.

I used some spare shirting fabric for the under-collar, and to enhanced the zippers too. An extra feature was the addition of a little zipper pocket at the front and added thin strips of purple fabric to the zipper pulleys too.  Last but not least rather than turn under the black upper collar, I attached a bias strip to the bottom and then turned it under.

Confession time!!!

I couldn't get an identical zipper for the neck so had to use a navy zipper which had a smaller pulley, and it was slightly too short so I added the small square of fabric to help cover the gap.  You can't really see the navy of the zipper because its covered, but its confession time so I am owning up to my mistake.

Last but not least and the point I could kick myself was despite using a pressing cloth, and hardly touching the fabric, I managed to slightly mark the fabric.  It looks worse in the photograph, but if was reading this blog and looked at the photos, I would notice it - sorry just me!  I can always spot when someone wears the same dress to a Christmas dinner too lol - I know get a life. 

I don't think any of the faults will prevent Mike from wearing this, but I think I am more annoyed at these errors than he will be.

Hope your sewing is going without too many problems.  Catch you later..............





4 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Isn't it annoying when we always see the mistakes, especially those that we make. I am like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great and it's never a mistake it's a design choice ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made Mike great fleece shirts. He'll be proud to wear them. So specially made for him.
    I can hardly see the mistake, we are our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks just great! I would never have noticed anything if you had not pointed it out :)

    ReplyDelete