Sunday 28 October 2012

Kwik Sew 3843

Today I managed to finish Kwik Sew 3843.  The more Kwik Sew patterns I make up, the more I love them.

The pattern description states:

Fabrics: Designed for stretch knits only with 35% stretch across the grain.  They suggest: Interlock, jersey, matte jersey, fabrics with Lycra.  Pattern includes 1/4' (6mm) seam allowances.

Very close fitting pull-over tops have princess seams, raglan sleeves and triangular insets on front and back.  View A has lapped fronts, full length sleeves, and is made from three contrast fabrics.  View B has elbow length sleeves and turtleneck.


I made view A, but only used two colours for mine.

This is a little like putting a jigsaw together, however not very complicated, and you can more or less make the whole thing on your serger/cover stitch machine.

The instructions are straight-forward and simple to understand so this would be possible for a competent beginner to make.

I had a little of the black and white fabric left over from my Jalie scarf-collar top blogged about here last year, and some ribbed black knit, so decided they would work well together.

I would highly recommend this pattern if you want to create a top with a little difference, and while I only used two colours in my top, you could use 3 or even more if you want a rainbow burst of colour lol.

Catch you later.




12 comments:

  1. A really cute top and I love your color choices. Although I do love black and white ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blouse.. and the colors are really pretty.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I just cut out a muslin for this top!! Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking top...and "My" colors! I love Kwik Sew patterns, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, I love the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this pattern but yet to make it. I like the two fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pattern is new to me, your version is great, much better and classier than the envelope photo. You are going to get a lot of compliments for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all for your comments - I can't recommend this top highly enough

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I can see this worked up lots of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an interesting top and I really like that you used the two fabrics. I'll bet it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete