Saturday 15 September 2012

McCalls 6436 finished

Yippee I have finished my McCalls 6436 blouse.  I am wearing it with my blue Linton Tweed skirt I made a week or so ago, but this time accessorising it with black belt and shoes.



You can see from the pictures below that the fabric was made up of 3 x large scarf panels, each being edged in a grey animal print design and then black.  I decided to use the black as my accent colour because this will work well with many other items in my wardrobe.

I chose self coloured buttons for this because I didn't really want anything else to draw attention, because the fabric is busy enough.

I took time to match up each of the design pieces to make sure they match on left and right pieces.

This pattern comes up really long, and in truth I should/could have shortened this by about 5-6", and will definitely do this when I cut this pattern out again (which I will do).


Judith from the blog Made by J also made this pattern up, once for her daughter in a beautiful sheer fabric and again for her, proving that this really is a versatile pattern.  Check out her blog and see her examples they are beautiful.

I am slowing finishing my capsule wardrobe which I am taking to KL tomorrow.  I will do a separate post showing you what I intend to take with me tomorrow.

Best get on to my next job.  Catch you later................

15 comments:

  1. Stunning!! A really beautiful blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning piece to go with you capsule. I can hardly wait to see what you are talking to KL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- lovely details and such thoughtful design placement- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how nice to see this made up (as i have the same fabric as you know). Love the black accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your version - but it will be stunning (either as a lining or a garment)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful blouse! It really suits you and it goes perfect with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes I was pleased there was enough blue accents in the blouse to pick up the colouring in the skirt.

      Delete
  6. This shirt fits perfectly into your wardrobe of outfits, and looks extremely stylish with these accessories. I also found it a little long - worked well for my daughter (6'2") but I did shorten it for me. Another winner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! I love the scarves you used, this blouse must feel like heaven. It's beautiful. Reminds me of a friend who bought a Versace blouse in Harrods when we were together on a business trip in London. I was stunned by the price! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete