Saturday 28 July 2012

shirts/handbag update.

I am pleased to say that I was quite productive with my tandem sewing today.  The two shirts I cut out last night, I sewed each stage x 2.

I now have two shirts where the backs and fronts are attached to the yoke. Both yokes have been embroidered.  Collars constructed and attached to the shirt bodies.  Front bands sewn and top-stitched, buttonholes and hems sewn and cuffs constructed.

My bag is in sight now.  Tomorrow I'll add the placket to the sleeves, attached the sleeves to the shirt bodies, flat fell the sleeve and side seams, attach the cuffs and sew on the buttons.

If Mike wasn't here I would still be upstairs sewing, but I said I would quit sewing at 9 so I am keeping my promise.

Watch this space.................Catch you later.......

6 comments:

  1. Have you chosen THE BAG yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, ha, ha, I love your loyalty to your promises ... I am unable to get that, looking forward to see your t ... pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing two at once must be like multi-tasking at its best! Or like a 2 for 1 sale! Looking forward to the photos when finished...
    ✿ Judy
    made by J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the pictures of the shirts and the bag. Good for you for being almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good.. Ohh so excited for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, almost there! Only a few hours to go. Have you planned your bag-shopping trip?

    ReplyDelete