Saturday 4 February 2012

Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts Show

My dear friend Sandra and I set off for the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts show in Kent today.  It was not as big as the show I normally go to in Birmingham, but there were enough stands to grab our interest and we managed to get a few bargains too.

I managed to meet up with the beautiful Rachel from the House of Pinheiro who was also at the show with her friend.  WE grabbed a couple of drinks and a cake together, and wandered around the show looking at what all the stands had to offer. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show Rachel.

I do subscribe to the Sew Today magazine, but for the people attending the show, they were selling all their Vogue patterns for £4 each or buy three and get the 4th free.  I got 4 Vogue patterns a Bellville Sassoon wedding dress pattern which was just very beautiful, but not 100% sure if I will use it or not (can't show the pattern here because my D Mike does read my blog), and these:-

 Donna Karan V1077 pattern which I just love.


Claire Shaeffer;s Custom Couture Collection pattern V8428


Last but not least V8526 a Vogue Woman pattern.


Other purchases included some lovely pearlised card to make my wedding invitations, a couple of card making CD's ( another of my hobbies that has been a little neglected lately ), some wool to knit a scarf, some Disney fabric to to make my friend's daughter a quilt for her baby which is due in about 6 weeks time.


I found these delightful greeting cards, which I intend to frame and hang on the wall of my office a pack of 4 cards 


This Vogue knitting book was a real bargain at only £5.  Usually you only see a few patterns that you actually like in a whole book, but there are loads that I love in this one.


The event advertised that they were showing a collection of the Downton Abbey outfits so I took a couple of photographs.





Ok I am going to make my DGD a sleep suit - its getting very cold here and she usually kicks off her quilt in the night time, so Catch you later..........................










1 comment:

  1. I had a lovely time and should be posting my purchases soon. X

    ReplyDelete