Thursday 5 January 2012

Diet 1 point sewing 0

This week I am at my little cottage alone, so this has given me no excuse not to take control of my diet.  I have upped my fruit and vegetable intake and kept to good low fat food and the results speak for themselves, I have already lost the weight I put on in December and a little more..........lets hope Friday's meal for my daughter's birthday doesn't put it all back.


On the sewing front not so good - despite being here, I haven't done any sewing in the evening, just catching up on work which is really sad.  On the news this morning they quoted the following:-


"Workers gave bosses nearly 2 billion hours of unpaid overtime last year, with the 1,968 million hours of overtime is worth £29.2bn to the UK economy.  They say this averages out 7.2 hours of unpaid overtime a week last year"


Working on a normal 9-5 working day, I would think that I put in approximately 2 hours unpaid overtime per day (sometimes more) and if I didn't, I wouldn't keep up with my day to day job.  Sadly I know I am not alone in this. Many of my colleagues are doing the same thing.


I did manage to run up a pair of PJ's on Monday and experimented with some very fine ribbing fabric that I bought to make a polo-neck jumper, but that has been it for the week.
Unfortunately, I can't concentrate on sewing when I have jobs for work hanging over my head.  Talking of which...............  


Catch you later.............

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on the weight loss. The flu yesterday took care of mine.

    I remember how many hours I worked overtime when I taught and did administration. Most of my friends stopped work at 4 - 5 p.m. My job ran until 9 p.m. most nights as I had to wait until I got home to do my internet work.

    My sewing is coming along slowly but it is embroidery intensive. It won't get done for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the weight-loss side of things, not so great on the work side. And yes, we all are in the same boat now-a-days. I am on 'holidays' at the moment, doing a fair bit of work related paperwork. But the sewing (and computer) sit there distracting me constantly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline. You asked where you could watch Peggy Saeger's webcasts. If you go on my blog and look at the right side bar at almost the top, you can click on Silhouette Patterns Webasts and it will take you right there.

    ReplyDelete